Why have always been we more prone to getting HIV or perhaps a intimately sent Infection (STI)?
It’s important to just take protective measures in order to avoid HIV that is catching or STIs during intercourse because the danger is greater for males that have intercourse with males compared to other folks. It is because the liner associated with the rectum is more delicate than the liner of the vagina and it’s also consequently more at an increased risk to become damaged.
Insertive rectal intercourse (topping) is normally a smaller danger for HIV than receptive anal intercourse (bottoming), but both topping and bottoming during unprotected (condomless) rectal intercourse is regarded as risky.
Guys that have intercourse with men made 45% of brand new HIV diagnoses in 2017 in the united kingdom. Within Solent Sexual Health males that have intercourse with men constructed 48% of most brand new HIV diagnoses in 2018.
There have also increases into the true wide range of Syphilis and Gonorrhoea diagnoses in Hampshire. Both these may be handed down by condomless intercourse along with rectal intercourse.
With PrEP (Pre-exposure prophylaxis) being more easy to get at, many people could be placing by themselves at greater threat of getting an STI as PrEP only protects against HIV transmission.
Cutting your danger of getting an STI or HIV
The way that is best to safeguard yourself if you are likely to have oral or anal intercourse is make use of a condom each and every time. Even though they aren’t 100% guaranteed in full, whenever utilized correctly condoms are really effective. Top methods for making use of condoms.
Condoms are presented in different sizes and varieties, consequently when you haven’t quite discovered the fit that is right feel, take to utilizing alternative sizes, brands and kinds to see just what works for you personally. If you’re responsive to latex, take to making use of latex condoms that are free.
Condoms can be found free via our Condoms by Post solution.
You can even lessen your danger by:
- Utilizing lubrication. We advice water based lube, nevertheless this could easily be dry or sticky helping to make condom splitting much more likely. Keep refreshing it with an increase of lube or a couple of falls of water while having sex. Spit can spread some STIs, therefore avoid utilizing saliva.
- Reducing the wide range of intimate lovers you’ve got
- Getting tested for STIs before sex with some body brand new and advising that additionally they have tested. Then 3 monthly STI testing is recommended if you are having frequent changes in sexual partners.
- Reducing other activities which could impact your choices, such has eating alcohol that is too much using medications.
- Getting immunised (vaccinated) against Hepatitis B, Hepatitis an and some kinds of HPV.
You are having (Chemsex), it’s important to be informed of the risks involved and how to play as safely as possible if you use drugs as part of the sex. Some kinds of Chems pose an increased danger to you personally since they trigger long term health problems such as for instance despair, losing weight and emotional dependence. To learn more about playing properly, click the link.
If you are concerned you have now been subjected to HIV click on this link.
Professional solutions we are able to provide for your requirements
- Hepatitis a for guys
- Hepatitis B for males
- Peoples Papillomavirus (HPV) for males aged between 15 and 45
MSM clinic (Hospital Xtra):
Clinic Xtra provides tailored solutions for males that have sex with males including:
- post visibility prophylaxis for HIV (PEPSE)
- advice and help for pre publicity prophylaxis for HIV (PrEP)
- Referrals for support around ChemSex and substance risk and misuse decrease
- STI treatment and testing
Hospital Xtra intimate wellness clinics can be found at:
- St Marys Hospital, Portsmouth: 5:00 – 7:00pm thursday
- Royal Southern Hants Hospital, Southampton: 5:00 – 7:00pm thursday
- Crown Heights, Basingstoke: Monday 5:00 – 7:00pm
- Andover wellness Centre: Friday 10:30am – 12:00pm
Do you want assistance to lower your danger?
You can arrange to see one of our health promotion practitioners if you would like to find out about support available or further advice. Please contact 0300 300 2016 and have to talk with the Sexual Health marketing Team or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you currently confronted with HIV?
If you should be worried you may have been confronted with HIV (had non-safe sex with some body whoever HIV status you may not Full Article understand, or understand to stay positive rather than on completely suppressed (undetectable) on therapy, or shared injecting gear), perhaps you are entitled to Post-exposure Prophylaxis.
Effective HIV treatment (ART) lets people lead healthier lives that are active additionally protects their lovers. Whenever load that is viral invisible on ART, HIV is not any longer sexually transmitted – with or without condoms. The ev
Post-exposure Prophylaxis (PEP or PEPSE) is medicine it is possible to simply just take in reducing the possibility of HIV transmission. It really is per month long length of medicine that is taken after non-safe sex where there’s been an increased threat of visibility. PEP or PEPSE should be used just as feasible after intercourse, and surely within 72 hours. The sooner it really is started a lot more likely it really is to your workplace. It is important to have an evaluation having a medical practitioner or nursing assistant just before are recommended this medicine. It is necessary which you perform this course after you have started it.
That you have been exposed to HIV you should attend one of our clinics, or an Accident and Emergency department straight away if you are worried.